Monday, February 12, 2007

Tripp'n again

“The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to what (you think) is impossible” Arthur C. Clarke

Having to meet Saturday's deadline forced me to make a decision about LCMM-2007. TRIPP is off the fence and joining the team one last time. For the past few weeks I’ve been nursing a small tear in my right hip (adductor). After PT for 4 weeks, I returned to the Sports Medicine Clinic today and received clearance to continue training toward the 30th Chicago Marathon.

Look forward to forming new friendships and continuing many old. Not only are the members that have signed thus far awesome in number (200+), if your blogs are an indication of how motivated you are – this will be a great training year. And, when the year is over, you will have a new sense of confidence and have conquered a new challenge. Throughout your journey you’ll be faced with negativity and naysayers, but as they start to weigh in, call a fellow team member or click on the following motivational website (be patient – takes a moment to load)
http://www.212movie.com/. From the site: www.simpletruths.com; the message is very profound but encouraging: “to get what we’ve never had, we must do what we’ve never done”. Getting to the starting line in Chicago takes work and an extra degree of effort, but as a team, we are in this together.

Good health and successful training to all!

4 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 at 7:36 AM , Blogger cjonesrun said...

Well, I know which blog to go to when I need a little encouragement and motivation...thanks! Hope your hip heals totally and soon.

 
At February 13, 2007 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Mark Simpson said...

I am so glad you are back! You are an inspiration!

 
At February 13, 2007 at 5:52 PM , Blogger lisathehornplayingturtle said...

Yea Rebecca! It was great seeing you at the first meeting. I look forward to running many long runs with you.

 
At February 18, 2007 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Hi Rebecca! I did not sign up for the marathon training this year so I will miss seeing you on the Saturday runs. You are such an inspiration. You bless everyone with your positivev outlook and encouragement! Stay strong and take care, Love, Beverly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home